BUFFALO, N.Y. — Walk-up and curbside service has begun at many Erie County libraries.
The library buildings themselves are closed, but items can still be checked out and returned. To see what’s available, check this site.
Once you’ve found what you’re looking for, call the library and they’ll get it for you. The library will then contact you when it’s ready for pickup.
Here are things to remember when picking items up:
- You must have your library card or a photo ID with you at the time of pickup;
- You must wear a mask or face covering when picking up your materials.
- Your account must be in good standing (i.e. fines/fees $10 or less and 15 or fewer
- overdue library items).
- Currently, libraries are unable to accommodate the transporting of items from one library to another.
Here is the drive-up procedure:
- Arrive at the designated date and time.
- Park in the designated space.
- Call the library when you arrive.
- Pop your trunk or have the passenger side window open.
- Wear a mask or face covering.
- Present your library card with numbers face up or your photo ID outside your car
window. Staff, using social distancing and health and safety measures, including
but not limited to wearing masks and gloves, will view your identification and
compare to the information attached to your bag of items.
a. Staff will place items in your trunk or car.
Here is the list of participating libraries:
- Angola Public Library 34 N. Main St., Angola, 14006 716-549-1271
- Main Library at Audubon 350 John J. Audubon Pkwy. Amherst, 14228 716-689-4922
- Central Library 1 Lafayette Square, Buffalo, 14203 716-858-8900 – press option 1
- City of Tonawanda Public Library 333 Main St., Tonawanda, 14150 716-693-5043 (begins June 8)
- Clarence Public Library 3 Town Place Clarence, 14031 716-741-2650 (begins June 8)
- Clearfield Branch 770 Hopkins Rd., Williamsville, 14221 716-688-4955
- Town of Collins Public Library 2341 Main St., Collins, 14034 716-532-5129
- Crane Branch Library 633 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo, 14222 716-883-6651
- Eden Library 2901 E. Church St., Eden, 14057 716-992-4028
- Elma Public Library 1860 Bowen Rd. Elma 14059, 716-652-2719 (begins June 2)
- Frank E. Merriweather, Jr. Branch Library 1324 Jefferson Ave., Buffalo, 14208 716-883-4418
- Grand Island Memorial Library 1715 Bedell Rd., Grand Island, 14072 716-773-7124
- Kenilworth Branch Library 318 Montrose Ave., Tonawanda, 14223 716-834-7657
- Kenmore Branch Library 160 Delaware Road, Tonawanda, 14217 716-873-2842
- Newstead Public Library 33 Main St., Akron, 14001 716-542-2327
- North Collins Public Library 2095 School St., North Collins, 14111 716-337-3211
- Orchard Park Public Library S-4570 South Buffalo St., Orchard Park, 14127 716-662-9851
The following libraries have open drop-off boxes:
- Alden Ewell Free Library
- Amherst Public Library
- Main Library at Audubon
- Clearfield Branch
- Eggertsville-Snyder Branch
- Williamsville Branch
- Angola Public Library
- Boston Free Library
- Central Library – Washington St. & Ellicott St. drop boxes
- Cheektowaga Public Library
- Anna Reinstein Memorial Library
- Julia Boyer Reinstein Library
- Clarence Public Library
- Crane Branch Library
- Town of Collins Public Library
- Hulbert Library of the Town of Concord (Concord Public Library)
- Eden Library
- Elma Public Library
- Frank E. Merriweather, Jr. Branch Library
- Hamburg Public Library
- Lake Shore Public Library
- Lancaster Public Library
- Marilla Free Library
- Newstead Public Library
- North Collins Public Library
- City of Tonawanda Public Library
- Kenilworth Branch Library
- Kenmore Branch Library
Evan Anstey is a digital content producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. See more of his work here.