Notice of Available Position
Job Title: HR Specialist (Recruiting & Onboarding) Reports to: Human Resources Generalist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Job Group: 4
Location: 255 Delaware Ave, Suite 300, Buffalo, NY 14202
Notice: Two-week notice required
The HR Specialist performs confidential administrative tasks associated with the human resource management of the agency; acts as point of contact for new hires for any pre and post onboarding questions. Ensures that all necessary paperwork is filled and applicant forms are completed and processed.
- Communicate/collect required pre-employment documents for new employees & contractors.
- Process and monitor background check results for new employees & contractors.
- Communicate pre-employment results and status to hiring managers.
- Generate New Hire letters and communication.
- Update all background check systems as needed (e.g. name, address, declined position etc…)
- Audit background check systems as needed to maintain data compliance.
- Manage agency concierge service for medical professional applicants (MD, PNP, PA, RN)
- Manage new hire entries in E3 system.
- Create and update new hire personnel file containing all applicable documentation.
- Process & manage agency wide volunteers.
- Provide required credentialing documents for new employees to agency credentialing department.
- Participate in at least one agency committee to represent the HR department.
- Provide support for special projects as needed by Human Resources Director.
- Provide needed receptionist coverage to the Administrative team as needed.
- Department filing as needed or assigned.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of the operation and use of personal computer, including Excel and Word.
- Ability to organize and maintain auditing materials.
- Ability to take initiative, make appropriate decisions and solve problems with a minimum of supervision.
- Discretion with sensitive Employee Information.
- Communicate effectively with a variety of professionals.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with diverse/multidisciplinary team.
- High school diploma or equivalency including or supplemented by courses in computer operations plus two (2) years full time paid experience performing a combination Human Resources, payroll and medical billing/secretarial job duties
- Graduation from a two-year business school or community college with courses in computer science or business and 1-year human resources experience.
- Customer focused attitude, with high level of professional and discretion.
- Bilingual strongly preferred, but not required.
Employees please apply by: September 17, 2019
Non BestSelf employees should apply directly through our website: