Legislator Betty Jean Grant and Barbara Miller-Williams Announces
H.E.A.P. Outreach Sites
Erie County Legislator Betty Jean Grant and Barbara Miller-Williams will conduct Home Energy Assistance Program (H.E.A.P.) Outreach Sites throughout the 1st Legislative District for the 2017-2018 H.E.A.P. season. HEAP is a federally funded program to assist Erie County Residents with their heating bills.
The HEAP outreach will be administered by the Erie County Departments of Social Services and Senior Services and is open to all income eligible households. For more information, contact the HEAP Hotline at 858-7870 or 858-7466 or visit: www.erie.gov/depts/socialservices/heap.asp and www.mybenefits.nygov.
All eligible households may submit an application to receive services for the Regular H.E.A.P. benefit, Weatherization Assistance program, Heating Equipment Repair or Replacement Assistance program and the Heating Equipment (Furnace) Clean and Tune Assistance program. Emergency Assistance and Electric Assistance will be available starting January 2, 2018. Constituents are encouraged to apply for the benefit even if their bill is current so that the H.E.A.P. benefit can be applied as a credit to their account. If an applicant is missing information, they may be allowed to mail the information and complete the application process.
The outreach events will be held throughout the H.E.A.P. season at various locations in District 1 on Wednesdays from November 29, 2017 to January 17, 2018. The events are as follows:
HEAP Outreach sponsored by Betty Jean Grant
When: Monday, December 11, 2017
Time: 9 AM – 4 PM
Where: Community Health Center
34 Benwood Ave, Buffalo
- Wednesday, December 13, 2017 – 9:30am to 12:30pm
George K. Arthur Center
2056 Genesee Street, Buffalo, NY 14211
- Wednesday, December 13, 2017 – 1pm to 4pm
Dorothy J. Collier Center
118 E. Utica Street, Buffalo, NY 14209
- Wednesday, December 20, 2017 – 9:30am to 12:30pm
585 William Street, Buffalo, NY 14206
- Wednesday, December 20, 2017 – 1pm to 4pm
Hispanics United of Buffalo
254 Virginia Street, Buffalo, NY 14201
- Wednesday, January 10, 2018 – 10am to 3pm
Autumnwood Senior Center
1800 Clinton Street, Buffalo, NY 14206
- Wednesday, January 17, 2018 – 10am to 4pm
CAO Masten Resource Center
1423 Fillmore Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14211
Applicants are requested to bring the following Documentation to the Workshop:
- One (1) form of identification for all household members (birth certificates, license, Social Security Card)
- Proof of income received within the last 30 days for all household members (pay stubs, SS or pension award letters, proof of child support, rental income, unemployment benefits, worker’s comp., etc.)
- Current heat bill (and/or electric bill; opens January 2, 2018)
- For Heating Equipment: Two (2) furnace estimates from participating H.E.A.P. contractors; Proof of homeownership- Deed to home
H.E.A.P. is a federally funded program to assist Erie County residents with their heating bills. The H.E.A.P. outreach will be administered by the Erie County Departments of Social Services and Senior Services and is open to all income eligible households.
For information or assistance, please contact Legislator Barbara Miller-Williams’ District Office at (716) 842-0490 or e-mail email@example.com the H.E.A.P. Hotline at (716) 858-7644.