Luxury Boxes: 121 Suites, 8,262 Club Seats
Construction started April 4, 1972.
Officially opened August 17, 1973.
First regular season game was September 30, 1973 – Bills 9 Jets 7.
Playing field is 50 feet below ground level – 37,000 feet of shale was removed to form the lower level.
Upper deck is 60 feet above the ground level.
Field covers, 86,000 square feet.
Largest crowd was October 4, 1992 vs Miami 80,368.
In 2013 a $130 million construction project was unveiled. This included:
- 3 new scoreboards
- New technology implementation including WiFi
- New West end plaza
- New Bills Store
- Miller Lite Brew Pub
- 50 yard line staircases
- Renovated and expanded concessions and restrooms and enhanced gate entry
Field surface is made of "A-Turf Titan 50" – a synthetic turf, installed by A-Turf of Cheektowaga, NY.
- Beneath the field surface is a later of rubber and urethane, to provide maximum drainage and durability.
- The rubber used as infill is made of recycled tire rubber.
- There is a total of 6 lbs. of infill per square foot (516,000 lbs. total) 3 lbs. rubber/square foot and 3 lbs. sand/square foot.
- The field is expected to have a 12-year lifespan.
- It is estimated that using this turf field in place of a grass field will save between 500,000 to 1 million gallons of water each year.
Parking – 10,000 cars, 150 buses, 250 campers.