Buffalo, NY – Mayor Byron Brown today announced the recipients of the 2014 Mayor’s Hispanic Heritage Awards, an honor that is part of the city’s observance of Hispanic Heritage Month.
“Buffalo is a great melting pot of different cultures and traditions. Hispanic Heritage Month is a wonderful opportunity for all to develop more meaningful relationships with the many neighbors and friends who help to make our city unique,” said Mayor Brown. “This year’s award recipients highlight the great work of members of Buffalo’s Hispanic community in Buffalo’s financial services sector.”
Hispanic Heritage Month is celebrated annually throughout the United States from Sept. 15th to Oct. 15th and pays homage to the culture, tradition and contributions of American citizens with Hispanic roots.
The following awards were announced for 2014:
- Fernando Garcia, Vice President, Bank of America
- Linda Rivera Banks, Financial Advisor, AXA Advisors, LLC
- Alexis Beltre, Assistant Director of Facilities, Sodexo
- Donna M. Medina, Client Associate and Branch Office Coach, Merrill Lynch
- Lou Santiago, Insurance Agent, State Farm
- Raymond L. Pena, Assistant Vice President and Merchant Sales Representative, M&T Bank
- Edwin Negron, Vice President and District Lending Manager, Citizens’ Bank
- Luz Garcia Ester, Financial Representative, Mutual of Omaha