The team at Via Evaluation is looking for Research Assistant candidates; applicants must submit materials by April 15th.
Via Evaluation, located in downtown Buffalo, New York, is a firm dedicated to helping school districts, colleges and universities, and community based organizations improve the quality of life within their communities. We specialize in working with high need urban and rural populations. We do this through applied utilization-focused evaluation, grant writing, and development services.
Research Assistants are an integral part of the Via Evaluation team. A Research Assistant works in development of data management systems and conducts various types of analyses, and provides evaluators support in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of programs or other projects.
If your core values include a commitment to growth and development, integrity, work-life balance, cultural competence, and team work, Via Evaluation may be the right fit for you.
• Bachelors’ degree,
• holds a valid driver’s license,
• willing to work overtime as needed,
• able to travel for clients, conferences, and professional development.
We are looking for individuals who:
• enjoy working collaboratively with Via Evaluation staff and clients,
• enjoy working with a variety of data sets in Excel and Access,
• can edit and complete accurate reports using Microsoft Word,
• plan and organize work to meet short and long term deadlines,
• are eager to develop themselves professionally and seek feedback,
• share our core values: commitment to growth and development, integrity, personal & professional fulfillment, cultural competence, and team work.
It is a plus to have any of the following:
• masters' degree in a social science discipline,
• knowledge of K-12 schools, universities, and community based programs,
• familiarity with SPSS or similar program,
• experience with grants,
• ability to read and speak Spanish.
We offer a great place to work and a competitive benefits package, with an applied coaching model, professional development opportunities, a socially responsible IRA, health insurance and generous paid time off. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
If this sounds like a professional and cultural fit for you, please send: a cover letter, your current resume, names of professional references, writing sample, and salary history (in PDF or Microsoft Word format) to Ms. Komani Lundquist at Komani at viaeval dot com. email@example.com OR via fax (716)-362-0712