BUFFALO & ERIE COUNTY WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT CONSORTIUM, INC.
77 Goodell Street ¨ Buffalo, New York 14203
Phone: (716) 856-JOBS (5627) ¨ Fax: (716) 856-5670 ¨ www. workforcebuffalo.org
Subject: SBA hiring
- Open & closing dates 03/17/2020 to 05/29/2020
- Service Excepted
- Pay scale & grade GS 7 – 9
- Salary $44,836 to $71,298 per year (You will either be hired at the GS-07 or GS-09 level with no promotional potential.)
- Appointment type Temporary – (Appointments will normally range from 30 days to 180 days, but may be extended depending on the level of disaster activity.)
- Work schedule Full-Time
Many vacancies in the following location:
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes as determined by agency policy
This job is open to
Clarification from the agency
United States Citizens (Applications will be reviewed and selections made on a continuous basis, depending on the staffing need and level of disaster activity, until the closing date.)
- Duties Help Duties
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND THE 2020 HURRICANE SEASON. YOU MAY NEED TO REAPPLY NEXT YEAR IF INTERESTED IN WORKING FOR ODA DURING THE 2021 HURRICANE SEASON.
Learn more about this agency
As a Disaster Recovery Specialist at the GS-1101-7 or 9, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Responding to a variety of customer inquiries, ranging from routine to complex, and providing detailed information to the public regarding federally declared disaster and SBA’s disaster loan program.
- Preparing written responses to email inquiries received through SBA’s disaster customer service mailbox.
- Assisting lower graded or new employees with responding to customer service inquiries received by telephone or email.
- Assisting borrowers with completion of their loan closing documents and answering questions regarding the loan closing and disbursement process.
- Accepting borrower payments using online payment processing tools.
- Using a variety of computer systems to research customer inquiries, record call activity and prepare appropriate forms and letters.
- Hours of work vary to support Customer Service Center hours of operation, which is generally open from 8:00am until 9:00pm EST, with potentially later hours during substantial disaster activity. Therefore, employees may be assigned shift work and shifts may change with little or no advanced notice.
- By applying for this position with SBA’s Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster. Travel Required Occasional travel – On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice. Supervisory status No Promotion Potential None
- Job family (Series) 1101 General Business And Industry
- Requirements Help Requirements
Conditions of Employment
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government travel credit card.
- Favorable background investigation and credit check are required.
- Mandatory Overtime: In order to respond quickly and efficiently to disaster survivors, substantial compensated overtime hours may be required while on assignment (up to seven days a week and ten to fourteen hours a day).
- Credit Score must be at least 500.
- Qualifications Generally, time in Non-Pay status is not creditable towards the specialized experience requirement listed below.
- You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- You may qualify based on experience, education or a combination of both.
- Experience: To receive credit, you must indicate the month and year as well as the average hours worked per week for ALL periods of employment or that experience will not be credited towards meeting the specialized experience requirement.
- GS-07: To qualify you must have at least 1 full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-05 level in the Federal service that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skill, and ability to perform successfully in this position. This experience may have been gained in a Non-Federal service position. In addition, this Specialized Experience must demonstrate the following:
- Communicating effectively both orally and in writing with various internal and/or external customers to accomplish program objectives and goals.
- GS-09: To qualify you must have at least 1 full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-07 level in the Federal service that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skill, and ability to perform successfully in this position. This experience may have been gained in a Non-Federal service position. In addition, this Specialized Experience must demonstrate the following:
- Communicating effectively both orally and in writing with various internal and/or external customers to accomplish program objectives and goals; AND
- Researching and responding to customer inquiries using analytical abilities and problem solving skills.
- IN ADDITION TO THE SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE STATED ABOVE FOR EACH GRADE LEVEL, APPLICANTS MUST SHOW PROFICIENCY WITH MICROSOFT OFFICE PROGRAMS, INCLUDING WORD. (YOU MUST INDICATE PROFICIENCY WITH MICROSOFT OFFICE WORD IN RESUME IN ORDER TO RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR THIS VACANCY.)
- OR Education If qualifying based on education, you must submit transcripts by the closing date of this announcement or you will not be found eligible. GS-07: Must have completed at least one year of graduate level education from an accredited college or university in a field of study directly related to this position.
- GS-09: Must have a master’s or equivalent graduate degree in a related field or 2 full years of related progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree. OR A combination of experience and education as indicated above.
- Additional information If you work or are expected to work at least 90 consecutive days and 130 hours per month, you will become eligible for health insurance benefits only. The CSC Buffalo, New York location is conveniently located near the city’s growing hub of art, history, cultural, and entertainment centers. How You Will Be Evaluated You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above. Applications will be reviewed for qualifications. You will be contacted directly if selected. Background checks and security clearance Security clearance Other Drug test required No Position sensitivity and risk Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk Trust determination process Suitability/Fitness
- Required Documents Help Required Documents Required Documents
- Toapply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your Resume showing average hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed.
- Completed Questionnaire
- Other supporting documents, such as:
- College Transcript(s), if qualifying based on education.
- Unofficial transcripts may be submitted during the application process; however, official transcripts will be required if selected.
- Veterans’ Preference documentation, if applicable (e.g. DD-214 Member Copy 4 or other DD-214 copy showing type of discharge/character of service, SF-15 Form and related documentation, VA letter, etc.)
- College Transcript(s), if qualifying based on education.
- If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits Help Benefits A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits. Review our benefits Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply Help How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 05/29/2020 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to access an online application. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account or you may need to create a new account.
- You will be taken to an online application. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation, and submit the application.
- You will receive an email notification when your application has been received for the announcement.
- To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the More Information link for this position. The Application Status page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and your responses submitted to the online application.
- Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process. Read more Agency contact information Kenneth Enser Phone 7168434100 Email Enser@sba.gov Address Customer Service Center – CSC
- 130 South Elmwood Ave.
- Buffalo, NY 14202
- US Learn more about this agency Next steps Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email.
- Fair & Transparent Fair & Transparent The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance. Equal Employment Opportunity Policy The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
- You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis. Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency. Read more Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563034400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.govwill be considered..
These companies hiring:
2) Home Depot Buffalo Area
3) Price Rite: Buffalo Area
4) Univera HealthCare. Customer Care Advocate. FT.
5) Brookdale Senior Living
CONSTRUCTION INSPECTOR INTERNSHIP
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is a public authority serving Erie and Niagara counties. The NFTA employs 1,500 individuals and owns and operates the Buffalo Niagara International Airport and the Niagara Falls International Airport as well as Erie County’s public transportation system, Metro Bus and Rail.
The purpose of the seasonal, paid Construction Inspector Internship Program at the NFTA is to provide qualified students with practical and valuable project-based learning experiences within their related field of study. All tasks completed within the internship program are aligned with the program’s guidelines and fall under the overall objectives of NFTA’s Engineering Department.
Title: Intern, Construction Inspector, Engineering Department
Hours Per Week: 16-24
Days: TBD, based on availability*
Office Location: Metropolitan Transportation Center, 181 Ellicott Street, and at various construction sites.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
This position is responsible for supporting the daily job duties of the Construction Inspector. Work is performed under the supervision of the Construction Manager and is evaluated through observation, conferences and reports.
This position observes, verifies and documents construction contractor progress. Essential functions include:
- Complete inspection reports
- Take construction progress photos
- Calculate quantiles of materials
- Calculate contactor completion percentages
- Review onsite materials testing procedures and compliance
- Review contractors certified payroll submissions
- Participate in progress review meetings
- Review contractors schedule for completeness and compliance
- Review monthly payment requests
- Coordinate onsite construction activities with NFTA personnel
- Participate in constructability reviews and field changes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Familiar with (and/or a drive to learn) reading plans, specifications and shop drawings used for civil, structural, mechanical and electrical construction. Ability to monitor construction to ensure compliance with the design. Verbal and written communication skills are a must. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations; understand and carry out oral and written instructions and work safely are required.
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and actively pursuing (a) a two-year Associates Degree in Civil Engineering Technology and /or Construction Technology or (b) a four-year Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering. A high level of organization, attention to detail and self-motivation is necessary. Must have reliable transportation.
Accomplishing work requires the ability to work both outside and indoors of a construction site. Tasks involve the intermittent performance of physically demanding work typically involving descending pits, climbing ladders and walking on scaffolds, roofs and structural steel, and may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds).
ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Work is typically performed in construction site conditions with rare exposure to disagreeable environmental factors. Some time is spent in office conditions.
To apply for this internship please submit the following as indicated:
Resume with cover letter including related experience as well as a writing sample.
*Include work availability Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Completed employment application available at jobs.nfta.com to:
Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority
Attn: Human Resources
181 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer