Buffalo, NY – The City of Buffalo Division of Parks and Recreation is seeking qualified lifeguards to staff the city pools this summer from July 1st– Labor Day.
“Summer is coming and we need additional lifeguards,” said City of Buffalo Division of Parks and Recreation Deputy Commissioner Andrew Rabb. “The city is looking for qualified high school and college age students to apply for the life guard positions as soon as possible.”
14 certified lifeguards are needed. The salary for the seasonal position is $13.24 per hour. Interested applicants should call City of Buffalo Pools and Rinks Supervisor Jim Blake at (716) 851-5998 as soon as possible. Lifeguards must be 16 years of age and have their Red Cross Lifeguard certification with annual CPR certification. Potential lifeguards must also provide proof of city residency, pass all pre-employment testing, including a physical and background check, be strong swimmers, and enjoy working with people of all ages.
All City pools are scheduled to open on July 1, 2018 and will remain open for the duration of the summer season through Labor Day, unless bad weather dictates otherwise. Pool hours are from 11a.m. to 7 p.m. All city splash pads are also open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Allison Pool – 50 Reese St. – closed Sunday
- Centennial Pool – foot of Porter Ave. – closed Saturday
- Houghton Pool – 36 Spann St. – closed Sunday
- JFK Pool – 114 Hickory St. – closed Saturday
- Kensington Pool – corner of Kensington Ave & Grider St. – closed Sunday
- Masten Pool – Best St & Orange St. – closed Saturday
- Riverside Pool – 2505 Niagara St. – closed Sunday
Wading Pools (max 2ft deep): 11am – 7pm
- Crowley St Wading Pool – Crowley & Tonawanda – closed Saturday
- MLK, Jr. Wading Pool – Humboldt Pkwy & Best St. –closed Sunday
Indoor Pools will follow Summer Schedule: 9am – 8pm weekdays, 11am – 6:30pm weekends
- Cazenovia Pool – 626 Abbott Rd. – closed Monday
- Lovejoy Pool – 1171 E. Lovejoy St. – closed Tuesday