Buffalo and Erie County Workforce Development Consortium – Career Navigator Program February 26 – March 2, 2018
A highly intensive training program for professional and semi-professional level job search. http://www.career-navigator.org/index.html
Jump start your job search with this 5-day interactive, strategic approach to proactively managing your future.
· Learn techniques that will get your message out to the people that make the hiring decisions.
· Navigate the obstacles and challenges of the changing economy and learn the new rules of job search.
· Master the ability to successfully transition into new directions of employment and control future employment paths.
· Discover the increased power of working in teams, led by certified career professionals.
Who should attend Career Navigator? Professionals and/or Semi-professionals who:
· Have been unemployed, or looking for a job for an extended period of time.
· Are not satisfied with the progress of their job search.
· Want support in identifying new search strategies, tools and techniques.
Agenda: Day 1: Defining Strengths Day 2: Search Strategies Day 3: Branding and Marketing Day 4: Communication and Decision Making Day 5: Goal Setting and Accountability
In order to attend this 5-day training program, you must be:
* Registered with the Buffalo and Erie County One-Stop System * Meet eligibility requirements as a “Dislocated Worker” * Be able to attend all 5 days
Note – If you’re currently employed, you’re not eligible to participate in this program.
Upcoming Class –
February 26 – March 2, 2018
Buffalo Employment & Training Center
77 Goodell St.
Buffalo, NY 14203 Workshop 3 8:30am – 4:30pm
If you have additional questions contact:
Phyllis DePronio at: 716-819-9845 ext. 119 (email@example.com) email is the best means of communication with Career Navigator in the subject line
An individual shall be eligible to participate in the Career Navigator, if he meets the following WIA Dislocated Worker requirements:
The applicant has provided the appropriate verification to verify:
• Citizenship or Eligible to Work Verification
• Selective Service Registrant (if applicable)
• Proof of Age
Meets the definition and provides a verifiable source for one of the following categories:
• Terminated/Laid Off; Eligible for UC and Unlikely to Return to Previous Industry Occupation
• Permanent Plan Closure/Substantial Layoff
• General Announcement of Closure
• Formerly Self-Employed/Currently Unemployed
• Displaced Homemaker