Daily Archives: Mar 13, 2018

Shea’s Performing Arts Center announced its 2018-2019 season Tuesday, which includes the Broadway smash Hamilton.

The 2018-2019 lineup is as follows:

  • Disney’s Aladdin – AUGUST 8 – 19, 2018
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory  SEPTEMBER 22 – 29, 2018
  • Fiddler on the Roof – OCTOBER 30 – NOVEMBER 4, 2018
  • Hamilton – NOVEMBER 20 – DECEMBER 9, 2018
  • Miss Saigon – FEBRUARY 26 – MARCH 3, 2019
  • Dear Evan Hansen – MAY 14 – 19, 2018

Broadway specials for the season are as follows:

  • Cats – FEBRUARY 5 – 10, 2019
  • Rent- MARCH 26-31, 2019
  • Book of Mormon – APRIL 30 – MAY 5, 2019

For tickets and more information, click here. 

    A lawyer serving as an advocate for victims has released the names of 13 priests in the Diocese of Buffalo who were accused of sexual abuse.

    “The secrecy breeds shame and shame means those survivors are held back from healing,” Attorney Mike Reck said. “That holds them back from the accountability and the acknowledgment they need and they deserve.”

    The priests of accused of abuse are the following:

    • Fr. John R. Aurelio
    • Fr. David W. Bialkowski
    • Fr. Robert J. Biesinger
    • Fr. James H. Cotter
    • Fr. Joseph P. Friel
    • Fr. Fred D. Ingalls
    • Fr. Gerald C. Jasinski
    • Fr. Timothy J. Kelley
    • Fr. Bernard M. Mach
    • Fr. Loville N. Martlock
    • Fr. Norbert Orsolits
    • Fr. James A. Spielman
    • Fr. William F. White
    • Previously, Bishop Richard Malone announced that monetary settlements would be given to victims of abuse, and according to a spokesman for the Buffalo Diocese, Bishop Malone is seriously considering the call to release the names of the abusive priests to the public

    Buffalo Bills offensive tackle Cordy Glenn (77) blocks Oakland Raiders linebacker Bruce Irvin (51) during a week 8 NFL football game on Sunday, Oct. 29, 2017, in Orchard Park, N.Y. Buffalo won 34-14. (Aaron M. Sprecher via AP)

    The Cincinnati Bengals are adding to their Andy Dalton protection unit.

    The Buffalo Bills have agreed to trade left tackle Cordy Glenn to the Bengals, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. Good Morning Football’s Peter Schrager reported Buffalo and Cincinnati are swapping first-round picks, moving the Bills up to No. 12 and the Bengalsback to No. 21. They’re also swapping fifth- and sixth-round picks, with Buffalo moving to No. 158 and Cincinnati dropping back to No. 187, per Rapoport.

    The trade cannot become official until the new league year begins Wednesday at 4 p.m. ET.

    Glenn is on his way to a team desperate for offensive line help. After losing tackle Andrew Whitworth and guard Kevin Zeitler, Cincinnati saw a significant drop-off in line play, finishing T-29th in rushing at 3.6 yards per carry and 31st in total rushing yards (1,366) while surrendering 40 sacks. After the potential of this draft’s tackle class sustained a significant blow due to underwhelming NFL Scouting Combine performances, and thanks to a thin free-agent market at the position, Cincinnati is instead dealing for an experienced tackle who will start immediately.

    The book on Glenn varies, depending on who you talk to. The tackle was limited to six games in 2017 due to multiple injuries and hasn’t played a full season since 2015, but when healthy, has been an effective blocker. Second-year tackle Dion Dawkins, a second-round pick out of Temple in 2017, looks to be in line to replace Glenn. Dawkins appeared in 16 games in 2017, starting 11 in place of Glenn.

    What made Glenn a more movable piece was his five-year, $60 million contract signed in 2016, prior to general manager Brandon Beane’s arrival. A potential out didn’t exist in his contract until 2019, and Glenn’s $2 million roster bonus was due this week. If Buffalo didn’t like Glenn as much as his contract paid — including a salary-cap hit of $11.25 million in 2018 — his injury history, roster bonus and Dawkins’ performance would understandably expedite Glenn’s exit.

    With this considered, the Bills did a good job of getting adequate compensation, climbing the draft ladder to No. 12. Days after sending Tyrod Taylor to Cleveland, Buffalo is closer to landing its quarterback of the future.

      WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. House Intelligence Committee Republicans said on Monday the panel had finished investigating Russia and the 2016 U.S. election, and found no collusion between President Donald Trump’s campaign and Moscow’s efforts to influence the vote.

      The committee Republicans said they agreed that Russia sought to influence the election by spreading propaganda and false news reports via social media. However, they disputed the findings of the Central Intelligence Agency, National Security Agency and Federal Bureau of Investigation that Moscow sought to aid Trump, who won a surprise victory over Democrat Hillary Clinton.

      “We’re through with interview phase. We’re now in the report drafting phase,” Republican Representative Mike Conaway, who has led the panel’s investigation for the past year, told Reuters.

      Representative Adam Schiff, the top committee Democrat, strongly disagreed, and blasted the announcement as a premature shutdown.

      The House investigation, one of three main congressional probes of Russia and the 2016 investigation, and possible collusion or obstruction of justice by Trump or his aides, has been marred for months by partisan wrangling, including the release of rival Republican and Democratic memos related to the probe.

      The House Intelligence Committee’s chairman, Republican Representative Devin Nunes, recused himself from the investigation last year amid reports he had a secret meeting at the White House. Nunes denied wrongdoing.

      The House Republicans made their announcement even as Robert Mueller, the U.S. special counsel for the Russia probe, seems to be stepping up his investigation. Last week, former Trump campaign aide Sam Nunberg spent six hours before a grand jury called by Mueller, and former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort pleaded not guilty to criminal charges.

      “While the Majority members of our committee have indicated for some time that they have been under great pressure to end the investigation, it is nonetheless another tragic milestone for this Congress, and represents yet another capitulation to the executive branch,” Schiff said in a statement.

      Conaway rejected that charge.

      Trump took to Twitter to note the announcement, typing in all capital letters, that the House committee had found no evidence of collusion or coordination after a 14-month-long“in-depth investigation.”

      ANNOUNCEMENT EXPECTED

      Republican members of the House of Representatives committee had been saying for weeks they were near the end of the interview phase of the probe, saying they needed to release their findings to prepare for the next general election in November.

      Democrats have accused committee Republicans of shirking the investigation in order to protect the Republican president and his associates, some of whom have pleaded guilty to charges including lying to investigators and conspiring against the United States.

      Trump has repeatedly denied collusion between his campaign and Russia. Russia denies meddling in the 2016 U.S. campaign.

      Schiff said evidence was“clear and overwhelming” that U.S. intelligence agencies’ assessment was correct that Russia sought to boost Trump, hurt his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton and sow discord.

      “On a whole host of investigative threads, our work is fundamentally incomplete, some issues partially investigated, others, like that involving credible allegations of Russian money laundering, remain barely touched,” Schiff said.

      Conaway accused Democrats of seeking to prolong the probe ahead of the mid-term elections. The Republicans’ current control of both houses of Congress is up for grabs in the November vote, and early polls show they face a difficult fight in particular to retain a majority in the House.

      “There’s opportunity for this investigation to go on forever if in fact you don’t want to come to any conclusions… if you want to make hay in the run up to the election,” Conaway said in a telephone interview.

      The House Republicans’ announcement shifts attention across the Capitol to the Senate Intelligence Committee, which has been conducting its own investigation. Republicans and Democrats have both described that probe as far less partisan than the House’s.

      The House Republicans said they had already completed a draft version of what they said would eventually be the committee’s final report on the investigation.

      Conaway said he hoped to work with Schiff on the probe but Democrats are expected to release their own report.

      Differences between Japan and South Korea on how to handle North Korea emerged on Tuesday with South Korea upbeat on prospects but a more cautious Japan demanding that North Korea account for Japanese people it says North Korea abducted decades ago.

      Signs of easing tension with North Korea began during the Winter Olympics last month, when the North sent a high-level delegation to the South for the Games, after more than a year of rising alarm over the North’s nuclear weapon and missile tests.

      Japan has been more guarded about the prospect of talks between the two Koreas, and between North Korea and the United States. Japan has warned that“talks for the sake of talks” would be unacceptable.

      South Korean officials have been briefing neighbors and allies, including Japan, on a South Korean delegation’s visit to North Korea last week, which included talks with leader Kim Jong Un and agreements on summits with both South Korea and the United States.

      Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Tuesday met South Korean National Intelligence Service chief Suh Hoon. Suh, a member of the South Korean team that visited North Korea, held talks on Monday with Japanese Minister of Foreign Affairs Taro Kono.

      Abe told Suh that Japan wanted any denuclearization talks with North Korea to also address a dispute over the abductions of Japanese citizens by North Korean agents in the 1970s and 1980s. He also said North Korea had to show its willingness to disarm.

      “A resolution of the abduction, nuclear and missile issues is Japan’s core policy,” Abe said.

      “North Korea must match its words with actions.”

      Abe has made the abductions a keystone of his political career and has said he would not rest until all 13 of the people North Korea admitted to kidnapping have returned and divulges information about the others Japan suspects were taken to train North Korean spies.

      North Korea allowed five people it abducted to return to Japan.

      Abe’s call for the abductions to be included in any North Korean talks may be a source of friction with South Korea.

      Reflecting that possibility, South Korea’s presidential office made no mention of Abe’s call on the abduction issue in a statement after his talks with Suh.

      The South’s presidential Blue House said Abe told Suh he did not believe North Korea would use the summits to buy time to pursue its nuclear and missile programs.

      A Japanese foreign ministry spokesman declined to say whether Abe had made the remark but said it was unusual for South Korea to be making statements on Japan’s behalf.

      ‘EARLY STAGE’

      Similarly, on Monday, the Blue House cited Japanese Foreign Minister Kono as saying the progress with North Korea was a“miracle”.

      In Japan, Kono made no mention of a miracle but said Japan and South Korea had agreed to maintain“maximum pressure” on North Korea until it takes“concrete action”.

      Suh was due back in Seoul on Tuesday, while South Korea’s National Security Office chief, Chung Eui-yong, who led the delegation to Pyongyang, is holding talks in Russia following talks with Chinese leader Xi Jinping in Beijing on Monday.

      The Chinese leader told Chung China looked forward to an important opportunity for talks.

      Trump has agreed to meet North Korea’s Kim by the end of May. South Korean President Moon Jae-in plans to hold his summit with Kim by the end of April.

      U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, speaking on Monday in Nigeria, said preparations for Trump’s meeting, including determining the location and agenda, were still at a“very early stage.”

      Washington had still to hear directly from Pyongyang, he added.

      The White House said it fully expected the meeting to take place, if North Korea stuck to its promises.

      Abe, who asked Trump for help to resolve the abduction issue in a telephone call after the planned talks were announced, said he planned to meet Trump in the United States next month.

      El mandatario de Canadá pidió exclusión permanente de los aranceles impuestos por Estados Unidos

      Por: AFP

      El primer ministro canadiense, Justin Trudeau, llamó este lunes al presidente de Estados Unidos, Donald Trump, para pedirle una exclusión permanente para su país de las tarifas al acero y el aluminio.

      Los dos mandatarios “discutieron una variedad de cuestiones que afectan a Canadá y Estados Unidos, incluidas las industrias integradas de acero y aluminio de América del Norte”, según una información emitida por los servicios de información de Trudeau.

      Fue la primera conversación entre los mandatarios luego de que Trump formalizara el 8 de marzo su amenaza de imponer aranceles del 25% a la importación de acero y del 10% a la del aluminio, exceptuando inicialmente a los productos que provengan de Canadá o México.

      Canadá es el principal proveedor de acero y aluminio al mercado estadounidense.

      El primer ministro canadiense dijo este lunes que es “esencial preservar nuestras cadenas de suministro que benefician a ambos si queremos proteger empleos y negocios a ambos lados de la frontera”.

      Trump, por su parte, “insistió en la importancia de cerrar rápidamente las negociaciones sobre la TLCAN (Tratado de libre comercio de América del Norte) para garantizar la viabilidad de las industrias de manufactura de Estados Unidos y de América del Norte, y para proteger la seguridad nacional y económica de Estados Unidos”, según un comunicado de la Casa Blanca.

      La exención inicial a México y Canadá fue otorgada por Trump precisamente con de fin de presionar a las partes a que hagan concesiones en la renegociación del TLCAN.

      STAY CONNECTED

      WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com